In the course of a corporate or partnership dispute, sooner or later the question of damages comes up. Some of the issues that often arise in connection with damages and questions that need to be addressed include:
- Value of contract or profit?
- Discounting? Yes or No
- Discounting How Much?
- The magic one share that delivers control
- Include overhead?
- Include future profits?
- Mitigation due to actions of successful litigant?
- Fair value of shares
- Elements allowed to influence fair value
- Elements prohibited from influencing fair value
- Power of judge to determine value
- How Judicial valuation differs from Appraisal or Accounting valuation
- Role of goodwill in valuation
- Effect of eliminating goodwill in valuation
- Attorneys fees and the difficulty in seeking them
Horowitz Law Offices represents clients in shareholder and partner disputes. You are welcome to call us at 312 787 5533 or firstname.lastname@example.org .